Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring: It's time to go gardening

Its spring, everything is blooming and fresh air of life is blowing. Let’s get out of the winter blues and lethargic days. I spent all my winter under a pile of clothes. Even resting sometimes gets tiring. I felt the zeal of spring when I joined Marion Polk Food Share as a volunteer for community garden. I met with so many wonderful gardeners and saw pictures of their work. When I looked at those gardeners they looked so strong and sturdy. People are known by their work, it reflects in their personality. Giving life to a seed and watching it growing is pretty much strong in itself.

I like gardening; I don’t mind getting my hands in dirt. I never got chance to pursue my gardening. No excuses, when I stepped out of my parent’s house I never got stable place, I kept moving and never halt to sit and relax and do the things that I like to do.

The good part is I can imagine, I can think and sometimes I write them down for myself and for the fellow readers who share the same passion.

The best hour of the day for me is early morning, the dawn. Every visible thing is kissed by the first ray of sun and that shiny moment is the liveliest moment of all. I can actually see the flowers and leaves emerging from night long sleep to life. Every petal of the flower uplifts.

I used to get up in the morning and look out for my couple of herb pots and that was my refreshment. Now I am not doing that anymore. I don’t have any pot planted with any vegetable or herb or flowers.

These few words I wrote to provoke me to start gardening. Let myself watch a life growing everyday. I already know that feeling which is comparable to none.

No comments: